Monday 12 March 2012

Review: New bareMinerals Tinted Moisturiser

*Guest Review by Jess*

bareMinerals has become one of the worlds most loved brands in recent years, and I can understand why... Minerals and vitamins in your make up - what could you want?! Although many brands have jumped on the 'mineral bandwagon', bareMinerals remains the leading mineral-based makeup brand, so I was excited to hear they are expanding their product line to include a few more non-powder products.


The first of which I'm going to review is the new Advanced Protection SPF20 Tinted Moisturiser, due for release in April (They are also releasing a non-tinted version of these, but that's another story!)

In my opinion, tinted moisturisers are perfect in all circumstances, but especially for the dry skin prone and for fair complexions (like myself!) I often feel the need for some added coverage to revive myself in the morning, but don't like to wear much make up on an everyday basis.

There are two types of the new bareMinerals product, one is for those with 'normal to dry' skin and the other for those with 'combination' skin. this is the one I have been test-driving. I have applied product every morning for the last two weeks.

The two best things about this moisturiser for me (despite the Vits & Mins straight from Mother Earth destined to replenish the natural moisture in your skin, obviously!) are that it is has SPF 20, and its creamy consistency. It smoothes on easily, is non-greasy and leaves my skin feeling light and soft, with a light coverage that is perfect for day to day wear.

The bottle doesn't actually indicate how dark the lotion is. Usually my first reaction would be to run from a 'one size fits all' product such as this, opting instead for something designed especially for my skin tone.

Yet this product is one of those magic ones, my pale complexion did not turn orange, in fact it matched my skin like a dream. It should therefore match a fairly wide variety of lighter skin tones with no problems (This may however, not be the case for those of you with dark-medium skin tones).

The one downside of this product however, is the price tag. It will cost you £27 a pop and although the product ticks every moisturiser-box, I have to admit that I still prefer my usual choice. It's a nice product which I will happily use up, but for £27 (and less!) I think there are better choices on the market.
Share:

32 comments

  1. I haven't tried any Bare Minerals stuff yet, but this looks really good Jess! xxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. forgot to mention the price in my previous comment! Ouchies xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to try some bare minerals products and I often find the 'orange' problem with my skin being so pale but this sounds like it'll be wonderful! Great review!

    xoxox

    www.es-jaymakeup.blogspot.com - for beauty reviews, hauls and health posts

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooft that's a price tag! And I agree a "one size fits all" is a definite turn off but yet it does blend in well in the swatch picture so who knows... :)
    xx
    http://changingtidesofsummer.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hiya! this looks great:) And how did you get so many followers?! I put a lot of effort into my blog, so if anyone has time, it would really mean the world to me if you could stop by my blog and maybe comment/follow if you like <3
    http://missjammyxo.blogspot.com/
    thanks soo much :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I will come and check out your blog!

      Feel free to visit me too: http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

      By the way Fleur - great review (as always)xx

      Delete
  6. Nice review..not sure i will be rushing off the buy this though - £27! :O. X

    ReplyDelete
  7. great review, £27 is definitely too pricey for a tinted moisturiser though!x

    www.beautyblogger-x.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Really good review Jess! I agree about the price!

    Please check out my beauty blog: http://polka-dots-and-bow-ties.blogspot.com/

    Im new to this whole blogging thing but I love it and I have been blogging about a range of stuff very often since I started just a short while ago :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great review, I've never tried anything from bareminerals but £27 might be a bit much for a first go!
    x
    duckandegg.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to try something from bareminerals but the price tag put me off.. this looks lovely though, thanks for the review :) x

    http://maligreen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. great review Jess! sounds amazing but the price tag is a bit off putting! x

    http://wewereraisedbywolves.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sounds like a great product but I can imagine there are products just as good out there for a much cheaper price! Great first blog Jess! x

    http://anotherbritishblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks very natural, nice, I would love to try it, I like tinted moisturizer for every day make-up, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. cant wait to get my hands on this xx

    http://missslauren.blogspot.com/
    http://ravingbeautyx.blogspot.com/

    @MissLauren____

    ReplyDelete
  15. sounds great, even though a bit pricey!

    hopefully they do a range for different skin colours.

    Thanks for the review :)

    http://kellinasthoughts.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  16. That's such a shame about the price, it sounds so perfect otherwise! I'm sure I'll probably end up caving and buying it anyway though hehe xx

    http://alicesstylenotes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's strange to think of mineral foundation in liquid form!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really pale so I hope this matches my skintone. I love tinted moisturiser but its hard to find a good shade.


    Makeup for Biochemists

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. It looks really interesting and I'm so pale too. My skin looks so horrible at the moment but £27? It might be a bit too much.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Great review! Although what are these other better tinted moisturizers you speak of. I really want to invest in a good one although their are so many tinted moisturizer out there!

    http://blairbeautyblogger.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  21. Fleur you said you prefer your usual choice ... but what might that be? the Origins Vitazing?

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love BareMinerals but just cant get used to their foundation. I know its not a typical 'powder' but it still makes me feel (and look) like I've got powder on. This seems better suited to me though, and I looove tinted moisturisers.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  23. Bare Minerals are so good, I use their powder foundation all the time, and their bronzers too! This product looks really good, lovely read Jess!
    xxx
    Charlotte Couture Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. Yay a Jess review!!! x


    missjessicarachel.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  25. This looks so nice! I've never tried anything from BareMinerals, might get this for the summer :) x

    ReplyDelete
  26. The price is a little expensive but I do love Bareminerals!

    lauraxamy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. i'm always looking for a new tinted moisturizer! can't wait to try it!

    http://www.soupforthegirlysoul.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. may need to try this out!
    please check out my blog xo

    http://charlmorgan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I am incredibly pale (see photo) so I wonder if I can get away with that tone... What do you think?

    I have yet to find a TM that lasts well for my combination skin and have had to use BB Creams from Korea instead.

    ReplyDelete

© Fleur De Force | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig