Tuesday 27 March 2012

BB Cream for Guys?


There have been whispers about men's makeup for years now. Guyliner and touche eclat for men are a little extreme for your average boy I think, but what about tinted moisturiser? Lab Series have released their first BB Cream Tinted Moisturiser for men, which has apparently been flying off the shelves! As it's a BB cream, it also has skincare benefits along with SPF 30.
I was interested to find out what guys think about this new almost-makeup-wearing trend so I showed the Lab series to three men in my life and here's what happened...

I had four set questions for the boys:

1. Would you wear tinted moisturiser?
2. What do you think of this product, will you try it?
3. Can you notice a difference in the way you look after application?
4. Would you wear it on a regular basis, and/or buy it for yourself?

Boy No.1

1. Would you wear tinted moisturiser?
I guess so... I have done before by  accident I think. Wait, you mean like fake tanning stuff? (No, like foundation but much lighter) Oh! NO way!
2. What do you think of the product, will you try it?
I'm not sure, I don't even use moisturiser anyway. (Reluctantly tries it)
3. Can you notice a difference in the way you look?
Yeah my skin looks shiny, I don't like it.
4. Would you buy it for yourself and wear it on a regular basis?
No way!

Boy No.2

1. Would you wear tinted moisturiser?
Dunno, what is it? (I explain) Maybe...
2. What do you think of the product, will you try it?
I'm not sure, I don't even use moisturiser anyway. (Reluctantly tries it)
3. Can you notice a difference in the way you look?
Yeah I think it makes me look more healthy and you can't see that I have it on.
4. Would you buy it for yourself and wear it on a regular basis?
I wouldn't buy it but if someone gave me some I'd wear it if I was feeling a particularly vain that day, but not really. It's too much hassle for every day.

Boy No.3

1. Would you wear tinted moisturiser?
I'm not sure, but I guess so if no one could tell I was wearing it.
2. What do you think of the product, will you try it?
I like the packaging but the product looks a bit scary. I'll try it and see...
3. Can you notice a difference in the way you look? Definitely.
It's evened out my skin and made it look much smoother. I like it and you can't tell you're wearing it. It doesn't look like makeup.
4. Would you buy it for yourself and wear it on a regular basis?
I think so. How much is it? (£32) That's pretty expensive. I'd wear it if someone bought it for me but I'm not sure I'd buy it myself.

So there you have it girls... I guess it all depends on the guy. I think it looks really natural on the skin (I really wasn't convinced at first but it's almost invisible on the skin and just makes the boys look glowing with health!) If you know a guy who wants to use this kind of product then I think this would be a good choice as it's honestly undetectable.

I'm still not sure how I'd feel if my boyfriend bought it for himself though... what do you think girls? Is this something that the men in your life would like?

The Lab Series BB Cream for Men is priced at £32 and available now.

Number of expletives edited out of this post: 12
Share:

30 comments

  1. The interview type questions with the boys replies made me laugh, I don't think I really know any me who would actually wear it but I think its a good idea, a bit pricey though!

    http://polka-dots-and-bow-ties.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha I haven't got a hope in hell of convincing my other half to try this, even though he climbs mountains and his skin is PARCHED. I'm sure a few guys will give it a go....

    nourishedbysarah.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish boys would start wearing products like this! Us girls have to put product on to make ourselves look beautiful, it would be nice if our boys would do the same. I'd much prefer a healthy, energized looking boyfriend then one who looks like they've stumbled home from the pub at 3am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it's a great idea. I have a few guys coming up to me at work asking for advice about hiding problem skin. For some they want quick fixes and this could be it. Plus there's a couple regular guys that purchase foundation already. Hopefully it doesn't take too long to come to Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think my bf would use it if I bought it for him cos he doesn't have very good skin and I wouldn't mind. Definitely wouldn't buy it for himself though! Haha I love the answers they gave!

    www.cosmeticintelligence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Moisturiser is too much effort!? Oh, men..
    I'd love to know what the edited-out expletives were, too haha

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. This could be fantastic for my girlfriend. She's beautiful without makeup and she's looking over my shoulder now declaring that there's no way; I can but try.

    Lea x

    http://shebeginstosee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wait let me ask mine ...

    He said he wouldn't even try it! I think I'd find it a little strange if he started using makeup, even if it was aimed at men!

    http://confessionsofasecretshopper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hmmm..... no, my husband is far too much of a mans man and the only thing I can get him to use is aftershave balm. that said, I did tell him about the undereye cooling gel thing that Jimmybobba reviewed recently and for waking up in the mornings, he said he would try this. i think that the BB cream is too close to makeup though. Of course there will be lots of metro men who will love it so there probably is a market there, though obviously fractionally the size of the women market for bb creams.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i like the comments i was half expecting these really nasty men should be men comments but as a guy and a Makeup Artist i think there is nothing wrong with guys wearing makeup tbh it shouldnt be confined to woman

    www.MrAJBx3.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Bahaha.... My hubby would look at me like I was a fool for even asking. He does use moisturizer but when you start showing him something that looks like foundation, yeah no.

    Melissa
    t-g-life.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't think I know any men who would even consider trying this. I do think it would be interesting for men to start wearing face products like us girls too though aha.

    Frances x
    http://francescassandra.blogspot.com
    Twitter: @FCassandraBlog

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hahaha the boys answers made me laugh! The BB cream actually looks very nice! I would use it! Great post as always Fleur! :)

    http://blairbeautyblogger.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your blog! Might see if my boyfriend will try this product out ahha! :) Keep up all the fab posts! :)

    www.bellebeaut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is exactly the type of comments my fiance would make.He hardly ever uses anything on his skin even with my pestering him. I should ask him about this and see what he says.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hahahaha!!! my man would laugh in my face! This is just stupid!

    ReplyDelete
  17. No way will mine use this. I have to beg him to use a cleanser everyday (he thinks washing his face with water is good enough)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hahaha the answers were so funny!
    I don't think my bf would use this if I bought it for him, and he definitely wouldn't buy it for himself. I got him GlossyBox for men in February cos I had a groupon, and he was a bit ehhhh about it even though he wasn't the one paying for me. He's going to use all the stuff in there but he wouldn't go out and buy that stuff (skin care etc) so if he won't even buy those items, then there is no way he would buy 'make up' LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  20. I really love the answers to the questions. Really awesome!

    Just for the record, I am a German guy living in Hong Kong, and i got to say that many men here use that kind of product. Especially the Korean brands are popular among men and women. I would not consider this make-up but a skincare product and it is actually part of my daily skincare routine. My girlfriend likes that i look even more energetic and I feel better about myself (because it also covers my dark eye circles) :P Men should put in an effort, too.

    Greetings from HK :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it's fine for men to wear bb cream or concealer.. Although foundation may be a bit much.. Things are changing n it's becoming more and more acceptable for men to take care of their appearance.. Not that long ago men used soap and water to wash their faces but now many use facial washes and toners and moisturisers.. It's no longer taboo for guys to use these things.. Men also go for facials now too.. Not sure how common these things are in the UK, but in my country it is shocking to hear someone say they don't use a facial cleanser.. I think if this doesn't look obvious, it's fine..

    ReplyDelete
  22. To be honest, my partner does ask me now and then to conceal his dark circles if he's looking a tad tired. However, he prefers a lighter coverage. I might just buy this for him to test out.

    www.makingupbecky.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. £32?! Bloomin 'eck, thats one pricey cream. Don't see how it's any different than ladies BB cream to be honest. don't think my husband would wear it.

    Holli x
    Dragonmommy123.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  24. HA I love this interview - guys totally don't get the makeup thing. Mine didn't understand the need for more than one foundation, or any foundation at all! BB cream doesn't take that long to put on...Can't really see amy of the men in my life using this, in the case of my brother he would live in fear of it coming off on his white t-shirts!

    katieneedsajob.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  25. I understand that it does look a bit too much like makeup for typical males to like. I wouldn't give it to a guy; I don't think they enjoy receiving beauty products so much. However, if it can be used on guys, it should be fine for girls. I'd be happy receiving it.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Really? I'm guessing the guys you asked aren't London guys! You are familiar with the plethora of all male grooming salons in London ... right? When you have to wait for a week to get an appointment for a facial/waxing/microderm etc etc at the mens only grooming salons like The Refinery etc.. then you know guys take grooming seriously! Same goes for hair ... I know so many guys that think nothing of paying £80 every fortnight to get their hair trimmed at Daniel Hersheson etc..

    ReplyDelete

© Fleur De Force | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig