Thursday 24 May 2012

Liz Earle Creme Blush in Coral

After being rather disappointed with skincare queen, Liz Earle's first foray into the beauty world with her Sheer Skin Tint last year, I had mixed feelings about the release of her full makeup collection. It hit stores a couple of months ago now and I finally got the chance to try a few bits this week. Straight off the bat I have to say I was impressed, and a little in love with the accompanying colour chart.
Liz Earle products sell well online so I love the idea of having a full colour chart, complete with spaces to swatch your current colours for comparison! I'm not entirely sure how accurate the colour swatches are, but either way I though this was a nice idea and I had fun playing around with it.
The products also took me a little by surprise. I've only tried a couple of bits but I was seriously impressed by the creme blush in Coral. It's smooth, creamy and blends easily. It's nicely pigmented and looks great on the lips as well as the cheeks. It's on the pink-ier side of coral, so more flattering than some and easy to wear.
The formulation reminds me, almost exactly, of the Stila Convertible Colours (which I also love). You get 2g of product for £16.50 which I thought was pretty reasonable until I checked the packaging of my Stila product... of which you get 4.5g for £16. So not the greatest value for money product on the market, but the quality is great and I love the super-compact packaging (no wasted plastic here!)
A good first impression from Liz Earle Colour... I'm excited to try out more products from this line, and to see how it expands in the future. The initial selection is designed as a 'capsule collection' with definite room for expansion in the future, so watch this space.

Have any of you tried Liz Earle's new makeup products? Thoughts?!
Share:

35 comments

  1. Looks beautiful. I'm not a big fan of cream blushes but I might get one soon...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had the Liz earl cream blush, I love it to death, but feel it's rather expensize for the price/size. You get a great quality product though, so does that contemplate it?
    Laura x

    ReplyDelete
  3. thats a pretty color! you look beautiful!

    http://vmjeheart.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. that looks really great.I need to wear powder, be it loose powder to set my foundation or mineral foundation as liquid make up doesn't blend well into my skin it just sits on top and smudges away so easy, could you wear this with a powder i find when i put my moon beam highlighter on if i don't dab it smudges.how would you apply this blush? x

    ReplyDelete
  5. That blush looks really pretty! I think I will try that

    ReplyDelete
  6. So pretty! I love the colour wheel/chart too! <3
    coppercloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty colour! Really suits you! xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. The colour chart is such a great idea xx

    amandacmoss.blospot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks beautiful! I´m loving cream blushes lately...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. this colour looks so pretty on you, I'm a sucker for Coral, especially in summer! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks gorgeous on you doll xx
    http://beautifulworldoflennynb.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the colour of this, it's so natural and glowy x

    themusingsofflorence.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  13. How do you get one of the colour charts? xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a pretty blush on you! Might just go check this out! Would love to hear what the rest of the new line is like :0

    http://missjaynebecca.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  15. This looks so great on you! i always find it difficult blending cream blushers without it ending up all over my face. i probably use to much.

    www.imtidds.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't tried it but I definitely will give it a go!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Great review, that blush looks gorgeous. And so do you in that photo! :)

    http://dugongsss.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. The colour wheel looks so cool, but if I was going to stray away from my Illamasqua cream blushes it would be straight into the arms of Stila :') Laura x

    http://secrets-de-beaut.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  19. love the colours. :) seems like it's really natural looking and I adore the packaging. :)
    really simple but so nice!

    xoxo FlirtingwithFashion

    ReplyDelete
  20. love the idea of the colour sample swatches. reminds me of being in diy places with my dad when i was little, its completely unique to anything ive seen before, very impressed. x x

    crazyforcoco.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Perfect colour on you Fleur! What foundation are you wearing? your skin looks flawless! :) x

    ReplyDelete
  22. i've been on the prowl for a solid cream blush -- and this looks like it might be on my to-buy list! the color is especially beautiful, as well.
    really love your blog, by the way! i'm officially suscribed :)
    take care, i hope to hear from you soon!

    -alexandra
    http://alexisinodak.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. These look really cute! I got one of these colour wheels with my last order from Liz Earle - really want to try her make up line xx

    http://beautyandablogger.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  24. Would love to try some of the new blushers that ones lovely x
    Samantha's Secret

    ReplyDelete
  25. Would really love to try this but I've never seen Liz Earle products in Ireland :( xx
    http://ally947.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Are Liz Earle products only sold online? I've bought quite a few things from there before but wondered if they were available in any stores?

    Sophie :)

    http://thesummerbeforelaw.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  27. Call me sad, but I was so excited to see this post pop up on my Bloglovin' feed! I know I'm definitely not the only one who is a fan of Liz Earle skincare, but I think the Sheer Skin Tint they do is brilliant, so the latest additions to their makeup line has been a long time coming! The blushes are definitely what I have been most looking forward to, and this is an absolutely gorgeous colour. I suppose the price is to be expected really, but if I'm honest, up until now, I have never minded paying for Liz Earle products, as I think they are worth the money. Hope this will be the same!
    Mel x
    http://melswallofmirrors.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  28. I like how they offer swatches that are like paint swatches, good idea!

    Really pretty shade of that blush. And you look great! :)

    Check out my blog, I'm doing a giveaway when I reach 100 followers!
    just-another-day1.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  29. really excited to try the new liz earle range the colour looks lovely on you :) x

    http://eatplayshoplove.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  30. it looks so nice on you :) i love it

    ReplyDelete
  31. You look gorgeous here! Love your makeup! I would really like to try Liz Earle makeup :)
    N xoxo
    breathebeautyfitness.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

© Fleur De Force | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig